Treating Your Sore Throat
If you have a sore throat already, to make yourself and your throat feel better there are some options:
- Drink plenty of warm liquids to keep your level of body fluids up
- Try to breathe through your nose. If your nose feels congested, inhaling the steam from a bowl of hot water will help it to clear or look for a lozenge which also offers a decongestant
- Try to avoid alcohol. The idea that alcohol 'disinfects' the throat is unfortunately a myth! In fact, drinking alcohol is much more likely to irritate than soothe a sore throat
- Swallow - it might hurt but its one of the best things you can do because saliva is a natural lubricant so it helps soothe a sore throat
- Sucking an effective medicated lozenge can help lubricate the lining of the throat further bringing real, noticeable relief. And if you choose one from the Strepsils range, rest assured that it can keep working, even after the lozenge has gone. Check out the Strepsils range to find remedies for a sore throat.